Well it has been a really long day. I ended up not having to work today, which was great. Because then I could leave for GF early and get to be in my apartment for a few hours more right? Wrong! Jake (Ben's dad) was super nice and offered to change my spark plugs for me and we got them changed and then my car was idling at like 3,ooo rpms when it should be somewhere around 1,000 so that was a problem and poor Jake felt so bad about it and worked really hard to try and figure out whats wrong with it and he and his neighbor barry are pretty sure its my sensor on my air filter box thing. So I am now in Grand Forks with a gas guzeling hog that bens parents lent me (which was so super nice of them) so it cost me and ben about $40 dollars for me to come up here for around 12 hours. Yikes huh? But for the record Jake did not break anything. I've been haveing so many problems with my car killing on me while I'm driving lately and the air sensor was most likely the monster all along. And its actually a good thing that its figured out. Sigh..... Vehicles are so expensive! Not that I should be talking a lot of people have had to put a lot more into their beater cars than I ever have. Ben just put a $3,000 dollar engine in his because the old one locked up. Needless to say Ben and I are doing a little bit of car shopping to scout for good deals because even if just one of the beaters gets traded in its a lot better than neither of us haveing a decent car that won't break down on us. And on another feel sorry for me note: I have never owned a vehicle that has air conditioning! Wow!
But Ben and I went out to apple bees with a couple of friends and got to meet a few new people and it was a pretty good time. Dan, a guy Ben works with regaled us with a stories about being in the showers when he was in high school and some "little" guy screaming out that some other guy had the biggest dick he'd ever seen. I know it probably doesn't sound funny when your reading this because I'm not a very funny person but it was funny at the time.
P.S. sorry I haven't been commenting all that much I've been busy but I still love you guys and I am keeping up reading.
1 comment:
Actually, the shower story does sound funny.
I sympathize completely about the car situation. My van's worked pretty hard for me, but we've had to fix it wuite a bit here and there.
Post a Comment