Friday, February 24, 2006

Today at work was a nightmare. Because of the storm all of the nurses except 3 went home. Which meant patients pissed off, doctors roaming aimlessly (like children "ooooo shiny object") and endless calls for cancelations, reschedules and nurses of course whining endlessly.

I actually had a nurse tell me that the schedules I gave her were for different days and different doctors when they were the same exact f***** thing except that one schedule had one appt. added on to it! And get this when we print the doctors schedules off the computer they are labeled with the doctors name, the date of the appts., and even what times the sheets were printed off.

I had a rather large lady get mad at me because she couldn't sit down because our chairs had arms on them, thus she couldn't fit in a chair.

And I got a call from a mother who has a family of seven who all need to get into the same doctor, who has to be male (husband doesn't believe in female dotors), and the appts all need to be back to back. And I know most of you don't know how picky doctors are about how they schedule their appts but believe me its usually tough to schedule 2 in a row for one family let alone 7.


My little sister is staying with us for the weekend, we went sleding tonight...kinda. Jadyn went down the hill once by herself...got scared....wanted sissy to go down the hill with her....I went down w/ her...we hit a bump...swooshed across the hill....hit the bottom of the hill....Jadyn went rolling off the sled.....Jadyn got a face full of snow... I tired not to laugh to not hurt her feelings...Ben stood at the top of the hill and laughed at us for being covered in snow.

And there would have been pictures too except our digital camera got to cold.

1 comment:

Josie, group organizer said...

That sucks, I hope it gets better, I really do.Why would you yell at the receptionist about the chairs if you're too fat to fit into them? If You're going to get mad at anyone for being too big too fit into a chair you need to talk to the people that ordered the chairs and designed the hospital layout. What a pig of a husband. That poor woman. And why would you have to do 7 in one day. can't you do 3 one day and 4 the next? I wouldn't want to stand there for over 7 hours at a hospital let alone some little kid. I think sooner or later you need to be nice but frank. I wouldn't have even let that big lady talk to you like that. She should be ashamed of herself. And the nurses can go screw themselves. It would take so much for me to not say something smartass back like you think you're so high and mighty that you cant' tell when an appointment is added to a sheet identical to the one I just gave you that has dates written on it? And you are taking care of patients?