Ben, Bailey, the puppies and I were away for a weekend trip and arriving home quite a bite later than usual. The new baby had received several balloons to commemorate her birth. They had been left in the corner of her bedroom. However when we entered our home we were greeted by one of the balloons that said “Welcome baby” thinking that was fairly odd we went about the business of setting down our things and settling back into the house. In the living room however we found another stray balloon. In the nursery all of the balloons had been blown from the corner and were scattered about the ceiling. Which Ben blamed on air movement in the house and I (the wimp) tried to remain calm. The balloons were replaced in the corner and all was well. To relax before bed we went into our basement to eat a snack and watch a little TV. After we had been downstairs for quite awhile my eye caught some movement coming down the stairs. The “welcome baby” balloon with the text faced for us to read hovered down the stairs and went down to the floor. I was considerably close to having a heart attack.
This weekend was Bailey’s first weekend trip. We stayed at my mom’s house on Friday and Ben’s parents on Saturday and we had nice visits at both places. Everyone was excited to have Bailey come visit for the first time. I never could have imagined how hard it was to pack and get out of the house with a new born. Neither of us worked and we still didn’t leave town until almost 5.
Bailey had a doctors appointment Friday morning where we found out that she is only 20 ¼ inches long and when she was measured when she was born she was 20 ¾ inches long. So she shrunk. I guess the tape measure they use to measure them after they are born is not so accurate so we really have no idea how long she was. However, she is up to 7lbs 9oz and the doctor doesn’t have any concerns. She is healthy and all of her tests have come back with normal results. Hooray! Miss Bailey has a clean bill of health.
1 comment:
very creepy balloons... if I were you, I'd pop them all and bury them in the back yard
Post a Comment