Monday, November 01, 2004

My first Day on the job

So today was my first day on the job at the Sears portrait Studio. And well... It was kinda boring but thats normally the way first days are I guess. First I had to just sit in on a couple of sessions, then I watched this movie that took forever and forever and was really boring but... It was pretty informational so I guess my boredom will pay off for me in the end. The I got to practice taking shots with the camera. I got to use any props in the studio to take pictures of a bear just like it was a baby because there are a lot of regulaions and methods that you have to use to take pictures of such little people. I was told that Everyday you have 1-2 kids of your personal sessions that will refuse to take pictures. I've already witnessed 2 kids throw tantrums and refuse. And the sad thing is all of the parents tried to brib them somehow, candy, visiting grandma next weekend (pretty sad if you don't take your pic you'll never see grandma again...), McDonalds happy meals, a new dress for one little girl, you wouldn't believe some of the things parents can come up with. But I think it will be an overall good learning experience both as a person and photographer so we'll see how everything works out.


1 comment:

Josie, group organizer said...

You'll learn a lot about posing and lighting which will be nice. Who knows maybe you can get one of those kids to take a picture.