Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Work (sigh, sigh)

So tonight was horrible at work. Lisa, betsey (manager) and michel all tell you different things and Lisa will vocally make you feel stupid in front of customers. And tonight well... I'll tell you the many horror stories of work tonight:

The first: I was finally shooting my own session (supposed to be without imput) only Lisa was breathing over my sholder yelling at me for every tiny little thing. So I finally said in a very stern tone "Lisa your making me nervous and screw up" she actually got pissed and started ignoring me. So I went on with my session which was hard for me since I have never even watched a sitting with only an adult male subject before. But the guy was also in his first year at und so we laughed and talked ect. ect. However, when I asked her for advice to how to put his hands in a chair full length body shot she said that I was stupid to try and take a chair shot without turning the chair backwards. And when I tried to explain what I was going for she loudly yelled "I Know what I'm doing! It's not like I haven't done this before!!" And then she went off (in front of customers mind you) that I had no idea what I was doing.

The second: When people come in without coupons Betsey (the manager) says that we are allowed to offer them the internet coupons which are a 7.99 package or a 6.99 a sheet coupon. So I offered them to a lady who was in a hurry because her other child was out in the car sick. And she choose the package. Then Lisa (also makes 6.50 an hour just like me) hurried over and said that I could not offer her that coupon and only the by the sheet coupon. So then the lady looks at me like I'm a complete idiot, and after the lady leaves she says that the only reason she did that was so that the lady spent more money for her pictures. Anyone else say dishonest??? Plus, the lady wanted to order more pictures anyway she just didn't want to right that minute becuase her other child was sick in the car. So now the lady probably won't order more pictures and its lisa's fault.

I know I'm just rambling here but how am I ever supposed to be confident in what I'm doing if everyone tells me different things. And i'm afraid to say anything to betsey becuase everyone thinks that Lisa walks on water or something. And She drives me crazy if I hear one more time that shes know her husband since she was 3 years old..... Plus, once she starts talking no one gets a word in edgewise. I'm so frustrated I love that job just not with lisa someone tell me what I should do

2 comments:

April said...

WOW, now I am scared of Lisa. It is really wrong that she treats you like that in front of costomers. But it is a good thing that you stuck up for yourself, even if she ignored you afterwards. At least she knows that it bothers you, and what is she going to do... go to Betsy and say "um...I yelled at Amber in front of a customer, and now Amber has an attitude problem with me." I guess I'll just have to learn first hand about this Lisa character. WE'll have to corner her in the photo room and beat the crap out of her, then say "HA HA Now who is the stupid looking one!" Okay, maybe not, but I bet you smiled when you read it!

Josie, group organizer said...

Sigh. I was hoping you wouldn't have to run into wonderful people like that. Just keep standing up for yourself. It's hard but remember she is no better or has better ideas than you. Maybe you could even talk to April and discuss some ideas you have about single shots etc, hand placement, etc to get a good idea so you dont' even have to ask Lisa. You can always take more pictures. You also have a camera now so we'll have to experiment with different shots.