So I went to the eye doctor about the spot in my eye. He had to dialate (sp?) my pupils (which made me sick because of how dizzy I got because of blurred vision) and he couldn't see anything in my eye but he assured me that it is probably just a floater only its the jelly in my eye that is pulling away from the back of my eye. Which I'm not very thrilled about.
But I was looking stuff up online and the most common age group for floaters in after 70 and they aren't very common in young people because they happen as your eye ages. However, I also found that they don't go away. They may break free and you won't be able to see it for awhile but it will always be there and since mine doesn't float it will always be in my vision. There is no cure or treatment except for surgery and its only performed in really extreme cases. So basically the thing is I have to live with it. However, I'm hoping that when I go to a different eye doctor they can figure something else and maybe my eye isn't a floater. So needless to say I'm pretty upset about the whole thing.
2 comments:
That totally sucks!!! you and Josie both had very bad days. I'm sorry to hear about your eye. I don't understand though... what do you see when you look out of it, like a black spot, or a blurry spot?? Hopefully you'll have better news when you see another doctor. I see Dr. Karlson at the Eye Clinic here in GF, he is SUPER nice, and he has done 3 sugeries on my eyes. You should go to him, he is usually willing to help with anything
I hope they can fix it! Never stop trying either, they always find new things.
Post a Comment