I know its been forever and ever since I've posted its just I've felt so busy lately. Today I wrote a paper for western civ on Rome and its attitude towards christianity and how christians were treated which was pretty bad. Dressing them up in wild animal skins and having dogs eat them. Or lighting their bodys on fire to illuminate the night sky that sort of thing.
Last night at work was hell, we compelty sold out. I figured out where this switcharooooo sp? thing went on with a lady that apparently never got checked in. Which lead me to check someone into a room that she was already in. Which I completely understand, people were coming to the comfort inn all at once and standing in line then phone was ringing off the hook. All of my smoking guests needed ash trays which i had to clean out by hand in the sink because there had only been 2 clean ones when i got to work one of the maids must have forgotten to put them in the rooms. Steve one of our reg. customers yelled at me becuase he didn't get his reg. room which made me want to cry because he has always been so nice to me before and my reg. customers are always so fun to talk to and stuff. But he came to the desk and specifically appologized to me later so I guess that made me feel better. Toliets needed to be plunged, I had to change sheets because there were pubic hairs all over between them and yuck.
The really crazy thing is that April says that its never like that which is crazy weird cause its always like that for me lol. I've only had one completly eventful night working there so far. But it is kinda fun for the fact that the night goes really fast and I always feel like I have some sort of problem to solve. The other bad thing is that when i tried to close out my til it was short by 20 dollars which i did finally remember was the amount Jan had been messing with to put back on a guys credit card for some food that had been stolen from his room. I really hope thats what it was because I have no idea what else it could be. I'm sure it was something, its just i feel bad that shelly had to sit and figure it out. I don't know when I got home last night i completly just felt like sitting down and never moving again. EVER!!!!! But the crazy thing is I really like working at the comfort inn so far even though everything just seems to wrong for me all of the time.
1 comment:
Jan and i were talking about your night from hell, and she said the same thing "that kind of stuff NEVER happens, except for Amber. Ask the other desk clerks, stuff that happens to you really rarely happens to other people, I feel like a broken record, but not all nights will be like that! I'm glad you like working there though! We like having you there, you're a really good worker, and have great guest relation skills!
Post a Comment