Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I'm no good at being an adult

The other day when my car got towed I missed that class. And the towing company doesn't remember me (big surprise because i paid them in cash) and so my teacher wouldn't let me make up my speech and it was a big one. I don't know how the hell my grades going to turn out now. I'm really upset. I hate college. I hate a lot of things.

4 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

Same boat, different reasons. But that's life, right?

Josie, group organizer said...

Just try to keep it in a bit of perspective. I know how terrifying it must be to fail a core class but if you step back you realize that failing a college course isn't that bad. Financial aid will still cover you. They give you lots of chances. Remember Jason? He failed almost all his classes for 5 years and still got financial aid. You can retake the classes if you have to. I've failed some classes due to things happening in life I had no control of. As long as you don't fail all of them you're fine. Even then you can make up a semester of failed classes. I've actually been there. Even if you don't pass them all you are still considered full time so take that worry out of your mind too. Actually going through these things is what helps make you become an adult. I've known teachers who will flunk you if you forgot to show up on finals due to an emergency happening. Some are very compassionate but some just don't care. Kinda the way life is. I think you're learning a lot more about being an adult by failing a class due to something you had no control of, people who were your "witnesses" screwing you over, then you would if you just breezed through the semester. Just hold your head up and move on, it's all you can do.

April said...

Failing a couple of classes throughout your entire college career is okay. People fail classes, it doesn't matter why. Well I mean it does if you like skip a lot, sleep through your classes and just don't do your homework, that is just plain lazy (ahem, a certain jason) but if shit happens to you that you have litterally no control over, then you'll live through failing a couple of courses. One thing you learn about college is that no matter what.... there are ALWAY loop holes, you just have to take the initiative to find them. Talk to a financial aid guide person, one on one.. or don't get your car towed anymore... (that was supposed to be funny... hahahaha... okay i'll stop)

Anonymous said...

what a bunch of gigantic assholes professors can be. That prof SUCKS big time. what the F? you had a bad time and some snotty professor can't even be civilized to you. F that.m Hope that profs car gets towed to Wisconsin.