When I got to work last night Jan asked me to read a letter, here its from this lady that had complained to me about how dirty the floors were at comfort inn (when I had been running my ass off all night to keep them clean) she had told me the hotel looked sleezy looking and I had done the "I'm sorry" thing like a hundred times and had then explained how I was trying really hard to keep it clean but the constuction crews that were staying with us kept walking through with their boots on. That night I seriously cleaned the floors like 5 times. I was running my but off all night trying to keep it clean. Anyway, in the letter she told Jan that I was rude, and went on and on how presdegious (sp?) she was how she is affiliated with the University and blah blah blah. So I got yet another lecture from Jan. And I told Jan that I obvoiusly can not to this job because I work my butt off all night and I've gotten like 3 complaints about me (I've also had a lot of compliments as well... but I'm sure I'll never hear about those again since Aprils gone) In the entire time I worked at Old Main which was over a year there were probably only 2 complaints about me. And I honestly don't think I have ever been rude to any customer at comfort inn besides maybe the guy that screamed at me for 20 minutes. And that was only after he had been ranting and raving for a good 15 minutes. Sigh..... Most people would say that I'm to over enthuiastic (sp?) all of my reg. at the hotel say that I'm to nice. So well... I know I can't make everyone happy but its really frustrating. So i feel like shit everytime I leave work there. I feel bad about myself and I really don't think a job should make you feel that way.
On another note I went to NorthLand tech and got info about the school today, I don't know if it'll work or not considering the programs that I would want to go into are all at their Theif River falls location which is like an hour and a half away from G.F. But I'm going to try and set up a meeting with the counsler that speacializes in transfer students. My credits from Und do transfer so thats a good sign and they have classes in photoshop and some other different photography type classes so I'll post more when I know more.
4 comments:
Don't want to be a UND student anymore?
I wouldn't worry too much about Jan. She's no prize employee there, either. She doesn't do laundry, she's been rude to customers (in front of other employees), and she only gets mad that the floors are dirty because she pawns the job off on other people at times she could be doing it, but she's always "too busy" and "swamped". I've heard the "sorry I didn't do anything" excuse from coworkers enough times to know when it's bullshit (talking about Jan, not you).
By the way, Ben wanted the name of the group with four cellists--it's APOCALYPTICA.
First of all, yes Amber, you are enthusiatic! If you were any more enthusiastic about work (even when you don't feel like it) We would have to sedate you with a tranquilizer. But thats a good thing!
You try so hard to please everyone that you forget about yourself. And that sounds like a bad thing, okay so it IS a bad thing, but I think if you just realized your potential, you would see you are totally ripping yourself off by not doing EXACTLY what you want to do in your life. I'm happy that you are looking into going to tech school, cause then you'll get all the focus on what you WANT to do instead of having to worry about "FILLER" credits, you know classes you don't give a shit about, but have to take anyway to get stupid credits. You'll love it there, and you'll be happier.
You should quit the CI. I loved having you there, and I thought you did an excellent job with all the shit you got thrown at you on your shifts, but if you get sick feeling when you are walking into the place, and frustrated and stressed even when you leave, then it isn't the place for you. Find a job that will give you more hours, and more pay and more happiness. Cause that place IS stressful. Don't think it is just you either, like it is something you are doing wrong cause it isn't. Everyone has to work together from reservation taking to checkout, and you are not the only worker responsible for making each guest happy. You don't control mainenance isuues, you don't have control over housekeeping issues and you sure as hell don't have complete control over nasty dirty construction workers who leave the place a pig sty. Somehow it came back on you, and it wasn't your fault, its a team thing, and everyone should have been talked to not just you! Theres my shpeel... I ranted sorry!
Oh, and I'll vouch that the floor lady was a stuck up, pompus bitch who looked at every little detail to FIND something to bitch about.
ha thanks a bunch for the second post it was funny! Not that i'm not thankful for your first post. lol
Post a Comment