Thursday, January 12, 2006

Moving, new job ect. ect.

Ben, Ren and I are finally out of our old apartment and now all of our stuff is piled up in every which way it could be as we set the stuff down. But the more and more I get stuff put away the more I love our new place. Ren is a little uneasy about the whole thing he won't sleep in his bed unless the bedroom door is closed... someone has taken our name off the mailbox twice now and a paycheck we had been waiting for ended up getting sent back which is not a fun situation. But we got the staff to change the lock on the mailbox again, I guess we'll see. Oh and I pretty sure while I was in the office someone unlocked my apartment door, realized someone was here and then closed and locked it again. Plus, the other day I caught the cleaning woman entering my apartment because apartently she didn't know we had moved in yet and she hadn't had a chance to clean it. Big suprise considering I found sugar all over in the cupboards and a very nasty looking drink cosie (sp?). So we're going to complain about that too. Our new apartment is in the same complex as our other place and we've never really had to much of a problem before so I'm going to chalk it up to miscommunication and move on. Hopefully nothing else will happen and we can settle into our new home.

Work is a lot of fun. I've learned tons and get to work with some really great people that are all so super nice. I actually wish I could stay at Altru. We even had a super funny moment when I dialed the wrong fax number and some pervert picked up and we could hear him saying stupid things like "when you beep at me you really turn me on" Deb and I got a really good laugh out of it anyway considering it was an extremelly slow day.

Kelly Services set me up and interview at EcoLab today which I hope went well. I think it did. I think the only reason I wouldn't get the job would be because the lady doesn't think I can sit still for 10 hours a day because I stupidly told her I like "fast paced environments" and the reason this is stupid is because its a job were you sit all day long. And your on the phone all day long. but you only work Mon-Thurs. so you get a 3 day weekend and you get paid really well so heres keeping my fingers crossed that at least they give me a shot. The assignment would be a min of 3 months because I'd be covering for someone on maternity leave but if in that time someone else quits I would be the candidate for their job. And believe me from what I saw today I can be their turn over rate isn't the lowest. I can bet people decide sometime they can't handle the sitting. but frankly to have 3 days off every week, still get 40 hours in, and get paid well I'll sit until my butt goes flat.

1 comment:

April said...

Its nice to hear your doing so well with your jobs. I hope you get the ecolab job too, sounds a little boring but for the amount of money you told me it was, I wouldn't have to think twice about taking that job. Good luck!