Friday, February 03, 2006

The Doctor is out

Today at work the doctor was gone so three of us called in a mad rush to reschedule his appointments which was no easy task. Unfortuanetly some people come from a distance to see the doctor because Occupational Therapy is mostly drug test either for pre employment, post injury, random or reasonable suspision and Occ therapy also covers work mans comp people.

So today, I was screamed at by a nerotic woman who is a drug adict that wanted her meds filled. Unfortuantely because she is being so closely monitored she is only able to get the order for new meds from one doctor. And it so happens that thats the one that was out of the office today. She got really pissed. She should have had enough pills left to last her another 3 days so we wouldn't give her anything because obviously no one had the authority to order her pills. After she left us... extremelly pissed off like she headed down to urgent care to attempt to get them there. I don't know what she was thinking. Did she really think they weren't going to call her primary physician when it was during buissness hours?

Another man screamed at me, called me incompetant and kept coming back to yell at me some more. Fortuantely, after many experiences with this I have a thick enough skin to not let anything bother me that much. Espeacially after working at a hotel (thank you april).

Another interesting patient was the lady who insisted I list off all of the numbers that we had tried to contact her by. After about 10 min however my pateince was running a little low espeacially since her name was on my cancel list so I know damn well I called every single number and left a message as indicated by my notation: LEFT MESSAGE

I also learned the lengths that people will go or not go to make sure that they pass drug tests. A lady came in and gave her sample which is then tested for temperature and failed by one degree. So the nurse figured no big deal it probably just was out in the air to long so she had the woman come in to give another sample. This time it tested positive for PSP. So long story short some where on her body was a container full of someone elses urine that she had actually tired to keep warm.

I also got to hear stories about how one person came in, gave his sample and the temp was over 106 degrees! Yea, buddy your not fooling anyone your body isn't a freakin tea pot.

Or the guy that came in and expected the nurse to believe that the sample that he gave was freash... ice crystals and all. In North Dakota it might not a be a bright idea to leave urine in your vehicle...

Yikes.... I tell ya I got to hear a bunch of drug test stories after our lovely lady today. Who actually seemed like a very nice person. But I guess you don't have to be an ass hole to use drugs. The ass hole part comes when you haven't had a fix or your high.

1 comment:

BoneDaddy said...

I got threatened by a guy just the other day! He called for someone staying there, but the name wasn't anywhere on the room list, so I couldn't connect him. He apparently knew the guy was staying there, and prceeded to ask me if I was asleep, and to wake the fuck up and put him trough (HUGE pet peeve for a night employee, by the way). When I told him it wasn't possible (I'll just go into the ether and pull out his name from no where), he said he was going to come over and be on my ass if I didn't "wake up and do my job".