Sunday, May 28, 2006

A wedding story

This weekend we went to a friends wedding which was unbeliveable. It was both unbeliveable because of the amazing food, decor ect but also because I forgot or ben forgot either or the dress that I was going to wear to the wedding. So I missed the ceremony, trying to drive to the nearest town where I was unable to find anything at Alco (the only store in the whole town) except a tank top and a pair of white capris that ended up being to small. So I went to a fancy wedding reception in jeans and a tank top. Yea.... ya think I felt uncomfortable? You bet your ass!

Anyway the dress got forgotten because my dress and earring were laying on our bed at home. Ben asks me "honey do you need these earrings packed"

"yup, I'm wearing them with my dress at the wedding"

So I thought that Ben had packed it because he is super packer and had packed my earring that were right next to the dress and he thought that I had packed it because it was my dress.

The scene in the hotel went like this:

(Amber walks from the bathroom in a tribal motif syle hotelroom, Hair and makeup done in a major hurry - scurrys over to bed tears through suitcase)

"Honey, were is my dress"

"I dunno know, where did you put it"

"Shit"

"Shit"

We realize we had forgotten the dress and I drop ben off at the ceremony and drive 16 miles to a neighboring town to search frantically through an Alco for anything, just anything to wear that would make me slightly presentable. Nothing but old lady streach pants and hooker clothes. I was screwed, so I grabed a black tank top and off I ran because apparently these people catholic ceremony only lasted a half an hour and now ben is wondering the streets of a tiny town that consists of 4 square blocks in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway..... Rest of the story goes..... We lost 50 bucks in the nickle machine at the casino (which makes me realize I really don't like gambling and don't really see a point to that crap at all) The reception was amazing, white linen table cloths, blue cloth napkins to match the bridesmaids dresses, the meal was Chicken Kieeve(sp?), Ham, roasted potatoes, smashed garlic potatoes, amazing pound cake type stuff and servers gave us salad and dinner rolls

Anyway I'm rambling.... But 5 hour drive down and a 5 hour drive home I'm tierd and glad that we're home.

1 comment:

Karissa (mommy) said...

that sucks, but it does make for a funny story. :)

sorry we missed you guys last night at april & kevins, but bell-bell had to get to bed.