Monday, July 31, 2006

And finally after a long awaited time I'm finally Mrs. S

Well, I finally have hit the ipitamy of laziness, I married someone with a last name 2 letters shorter than mine so that when I sign my checks it doesn't have to take me so long..... j/k

Anyway the wedding weekend events went pretty well considering the circumstances. Everyone seemed to have a good time on both sides of the wedding and Ben and I didn't notice a lot of the problems that our poor host couples were having with the cateerer (who was a bitch and liar from hell) the groomsmen were really mean to me when they took me out to the bar so I ended up taking way to long of a nap in the golf cart parking but the reception was beautiful and there was even a funny little momment during the ceremony in which Ben almost put his ring on my finger w/o even noticing but it was beautiful. I loved my dress and everyone in the wedding party looked fantastically beautiful, I couldn't have molded you guys out of clay better. Blake became my super awesome personal assistant and I could never have asked for a better one in my wildest dreams. April and Adams both gave funny speeches at the reception and a good time was had.... (and I hear a little rumor that one couple had an exeptionally great time on the putting greens)

I got to meet stacey's boyfriend Nate who seems like an extremelly nice guy and he saved the day so much that I told him if I wasn't getting married he would be the new love of my life so lets hope stacey marries the guy already so I have a super awesome cousin-in-law.

My mom woke me up in the morning with a hug and she held my hand and told me how speacial the day was going to be, and that is a moment that I will remember the rest of my life.

I cried through the my part of the slideshow remembering old friends and memmories that felt like sticking salt in raw wounds. I had a couple of panic attacks but none because I was afraid of marring ben, they were all because of events that took place throughout the 3 day affair.

Anyway, more later, right now we're in bismarck staying in a crappy tiny hotel room which we are paying way to much money for but we are happy, we car danced most of the way here and had a really good time on the drive so it felt much shorter than it actually was.

Nighty Night all

and thank you to everyone that made our day so speacial, I know you all went through a lot of trouble and work for us and we appreciate everyone of you and you will all always be in a speacial part of my heart when looking back on this, one of the most important times of my life. I only hope that one day I can repay you for all of your work and love that you put into helping make our day so wonderful.

3 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

not the putting greens, but the fairway. ;)

i'm very happy that aside from everything that happened to you, you were able to have a great wedding. i don't know if i would've handled it all as well as you did. you seemed to be constantly getting screwed over by a couple people and i have tons of respect for you since you were able to stay sain throughout. you are the last person that deserves to have that much drama on her wedding, but i guess it's inevitable with some people.

at least it will make for an interesting wedding story and i can honestly say i will NEVER forget your guys wedding. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

April said...

Congrats! I hope the honeymoon is full of fun times. I LOVE CAR DANCING! ANd with that new SUV you have lots of room to dance! I think your wedding was beautiful! The dresses, the flowers, the reception hall, the church, everything was really pretty and very classy. Sorry about the ring thing... Adam and I are just that silly. But it makes for good memories right? Have fun, don't worry I won't forget your mail :)

ss69camaro said...

Wow...Im posting, so you know this has to be good.

Im so glad everything worked out for you two and that you are having a good time starting your life together. I had a blast with everything, and short of a few (ok, a lot) of stressfull moments, a bit too much booze, and a smashed drink that I am suprised didnt blind Butto or get me thrown out; the day pretty much boiled down to 3 main points:

1) The church, the wedding party, and most importantly YOU looked great. And my wife looked way hot, swollen ankles and all.

2) Cowboy whiskey suprisingly doesnt taste like cowboys or whiskey.

3) I got ham. Seriously, this one is underestimated. You have no idea how much I love ham. A lot. That is how much I love it. The only thing better than ham is ham glazed with ham.

You two are great for each other, and can get through anything (and practically did). Im just happy you gave us the honor of letting us be there for you. Have fun, and send us a postcard.