Thursday, August 03, 2006

The honeymoon is over....

Today was the last day of our honeymoon, tommorrow it is time to drive the millions of hours home and begin our lives as a boring married couple (not that we didn't act like that before)

Activities for today:

To start off the day we drove on another famous motorcyle byway Called Iron Mt. Road which was very pretty, not quite as nice as needles hwy but it was still very nice.

Then we went to "beautiful Rushmore Cave" which I can tell you was a beautiful cave but Ben and I both hated the tour. The many reasons being: the idiots in the tour kept touching every rock in site which they were instruted not to do because over time the oils and dirt from human skin becomes ugly black stuff on the rocks. Our guide while instructing everyone else to stay on the path ran off of it in several places which they have obviously been doing for a while which is also ruining the rock on the bottom of the cave. On of the largest colums in the cave is now dead because they used to incourage people to hug and kiss it. I guess all in all after seeing all of the efforts to preserve wind cave (the one we toured yesterday) this was a major let down. In a few decades there will most likely not be much of this beautiful cave left because the people that are running the cave obviously care more about money than preserving something that is unbeliveably beautiful. I really feel like writing several nasty letters to people about the condition of that cave but I really don't know who I would send them to because rushmore cave appeared to have been run by a private entity.

After the cave experience we wondered over to the cosmos which is the strangest optical illusion ever. Of course they don't tell you its an optical illusion they try and tell you it is a gravity vortex which is of course a bunch of bs. I don't know how they did a couple of the tricks that they did but it was nuts. We both felt pretty dizzy when we were standing in the shack thing and were very glad to finally get outside where we could see some normal stuff to get our eyes and brains to see things normally again. Once again, if you have a weak stomach don't go because you will p-u-k-e!

After that we came back to camp, hopped in the car and went into keystone where we wondered aimlessly in and out of shops until we ran out of things to look at, then we came back to the cabin and packed up most everything.

Then, we rode down the highway that runs along Mt. Rushmore so that I could film it with the video camera. Our video diary of our honeymoon keeps getting funnier and longer and I'm sure everyone but Ben and I will be bored to tears watching it but we are having a good time.

Its sad that its already over. Our wedding, our honeymoon, time goes so fast before we know it we'll be old, lol. But I have to say that all in all everything went well considering.

Good Night all! We'll see you back home soon!

4 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

Sucks your honeymoon is over, but it sounds like you guys had a great time. I can't wait to see you guys and hope you took lots of pictures.

Can you believe you've been married for almost a week?! And they said it wouldn't last! (j/k...sarcasim..) ;)

ss69camaro said...

Dont honeymoons go fast? It seemed like when April and I were traveling, each day was only about 3 hours long.

But they are hella fun, and are good for stories for years to come.

A video diary is a great idea btw.

We have your mail, and if you ever want to see it again, we demand cookies, and milk, and um.... more cookies.

See you guys when you get back!

PS: YOU HAVE TO SEE DOUG'S NEWEST COMIC!!!

April said...

I'm glad you guys had a such a great time. It sounds like you hit a bunch of fun spots. Let us know when you want your mail :)

Married life never gets boring :) silly.

Anonymous said...

oh how fun ! a video!!! i dont think it would be borring ... you will have to have a showing some time .... cant wait to see you guys again and hear all about your trip!!