Thursday, October 05, 2006

Midnight Walk

To start last weekend Ben and I bought new doorknobs.... self-locking doorknobs.

So last night Ben and I went to take the dogs out one last time before bed. So it was probably about midnight. Ren and Tilly do their buissness and we are ready to go inside. After some coxing we got them up on the steps I put my hand on the knob and twist..... no dice. DAMN.

Ben "You have got to be kiding"

Amber "No" jiggling of the knob

Ben says a few colorful little curse words as do I and we walk around the house examining the window locks, the front door ect ect. Still no luck.

I haven't mentioned yet our attire, Ben is wearing a fall coat and a pair of gym shorts, definetly not warm. I am wearing jeans and one of ben's sweatshirts so I'm warm but I didn't mention my shoes - they are in fact Ben's shoes. We weigh our options and decide that we pretty much have no other choice than to walk the 5 blocks to April and Kevins and try to wake them up to borrow their phone.

We trudge along the street, laughing at the fact that we probably look like street hoodlums and the fact that I'm clunking along like a horse as the oversized shoes smack against the concrete. We finally make it to our intended destination and bang on April and Kevins door. After a while a confused looking Kevin makes it to the door and we were fortuante enough to get a hold of the first locksmith we tried.

So after we thank Kevin, we trudge on back home, making great time as we were worried that we could end up missing the locksmith. We finally make it home and sit on the front steps to await our knight in shining sweatpants. The locksmith is very nice and talks about how difficult the new locks are to open so he has to use a new tool that is an aweful lot like a credit card that he wedges between the door and the frame and vola! We are in our warm, nicely lite house. The time ranking somewhere around 1:30ish.

Thank You to April and Kevin for the use of the phone and phone book and we are very very sorry that we had to wake you in the middle of the night. But thank you, thank you, thank you.

And a valueable lesson is learned, don't buy self locking doorknobs, wear your own shoes no matter how few steps your going, and dress for the wheather.

2 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

For what it's worth, it was a beautiful night out last night, though a little chilly. Almost full moon, too!

April said...

No prob! I'll take free entertainment at any time of the day! I'm just glad you got a locksmith to come open your door so quickly!