I have nothing interesting to say so I'm going to post pet peeves about my job.
- Patients that are trying to schedule appointments by looking at the blank calender in front of my desk. If I tell you that September 29 is a friday, I'm not lying. And you confirming that it is indeed a friday is not going to help you figure out whether or not your available that day. And if I offer you the 29th I don't care if you have 3 doctors appts on the 27th and no, i do not need to know what each of these is for. If you are so damn fasinated with calendars perhaps you should start carrying around a day book so that you can at least look at the schedule for your life to figure it out. Strangers do not give a flying fuck what you do with your life you'll leave I'll probably never see you again (unless your a frequent clinic flyer) I do not care.
-Receptionists that you work with being bitchy and for whatever reason thinking that they are above you. "listen honey You are damn receptionist just like me making less than 10 bucks an hour just like me. You have no entitlement to any better treatment than I have or any of the other girls have. You just need to get a life and move on with the work day and not beat up your coworkers because your boyfriend is an asshole, again I don't care.
-People that call and schedule than 5 mins later call and cancel and then reschedule and we have that whole process going on for the rest of the day. What you should do is one of those day calenders that you're so keen on and write your schedule down in it. That way you can figure out what days you can come in on the first time we are on the phone.
-"family med. blah blah blah, may I have you hold for a moment please"
"well I'm calling long distance!"
The other people that are waiting on the line are just as important as you and I don't care if your calling long distance I will try as hard as I can to get to you as fast as possible. But I can only take the calls and help them in the order that they come in. And hanging up and calling back 5 seconds later does not mean that we are any less busy or able to help you without putting you on hold.
- "family med. blah blah blah my name is (insert name here) how may I help you"
"My name is Jane Doe from bumfucked midwest town (the name of the city they are from like that helps me) and I need to make an appt for some lab work"
"May I ask who your doctor is?"
"i don't have one"
"So we need to make you an appt for you to discuss with a doctor what you need to have done"
"no i just want blah blah blah labs done"
"I understand however, a doctor has to order the labs for you in order to have them done"
"Why should I waste my money for them to tell me what I want"
I don't know, but when you've never been to a clinic let alone had an appt in the whole network that the clinic is attached to you need to see a doctor before someone will begin sticking you with needles, x-raying you, performing surgeries ect ect. Because perhaps with all of the schooling they go through they may be able to explain to you what the labs are and what they will mean with certain results instead of having work done that you do not even need DUMBBUTT
1 comment:
I get the long-distance line all the time. I think, well that's nice. Call the 800 number then, genius. Most of them are looking at the website already anyway as they're talking to me.
Post a Comment