Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I have a weakness

I have weakness for shoes. I went shopping last night and got a pair of plain black stilleto pumps by nine west and a pair of adorable anne klein's with a peek a boo toe and a nice shimmer of gold through out. I'm in love with them. Everyone at work noticed my new nine west pumps and I felt like I was on cloud nine (get it nine! yea not funny) all day.

Anyway, I had a fight picked with me at work today. The girl is one of the other front desk ladies. And she kept trying to get into with me and I kept saying that we were not going to sit and argue. For one thing if she would have some sort of complaint worth any sort of merit she could let me know in a calm manner. Plus, she was getting angry at me for awnsering the phone, which is my job. She seems to think the phone should just ring and ring for ever. For one the sound of the ringer is enough to make me snap so I like to get calls awnsered in under 2 rings. If you are able to there is not reason not to do this. It is easy to excuse yourself for one moment to put a call on hold so that you are actually able to hear the patient you are supposed to be talking to. Anyway, last week I had a meeting with my boss about her because she is treating the patients really badly, one actually took me aside to complain. Anyway, then after lunch she acted like nothing happened.

With all of the people going to work day in, day out its amazing that more people don't come unglued. Its a good thing the building I work in only has one level or I have to say...... (ok I'm exagerating)

2 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

You did what you're supposed to do, actually. If you had a patient in front of you and the phone is ringing, they can see that and understand (ideally) that you need to answer it. The patient (or whoever) on the other end doesn't know that person is in front of you, so wouldn't understand why no one picks up. That way you can also ask them to hold and explain that you are currently assisting someone.
It's good customer service.

Anonymous said...

Weakness for shoes that is a under statement