Thursday, December 07, 2006
The woman who cried parkensons
I worked at my department store job tonight and one of my last customers was very different from the rest. At first she really just talked about how wonderful the store is and how she loves to shop there. After I thanked her and gave her the shopping bag, she proceeded to tell me that she has a terminal diesese that affects the dopamine in her brain. I guess it took 4 years for doctors to diagnose and now her husband is leaving her. As she cryed and broke down in front of my register I did all I could listen and give her tissues. I gave her a hug also. I frankly had no other reaction to circumstances like this. However it did cross my mind that she is some sort of sick con that needs attention but I guess I really will never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, way weird. Maybe she just thought you were nice and someone that would listen. Don't worry just listening is enough in those situations, I wouldn't have known what to say either. It sounds like you did the right things for her. Hey you should call me cause I need your number cause my phone broke and I cannot get the numbers off of it. I'm going to go buy a new phone now so I will talk to you later. Love ya!
Just realized if I get a new number you can't call me so you can email me or I'll call my mom and get your number.
I'm sure it's fine as long as she didn't ask you for a discount on anything. It may be a sad story, but business is business!
wow, I really don't know what I would have done in that situation.
hugging strangers again
Post a Comment