Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Staind, Nickleback, Puddle of Mudd

The concert last night was awesome. Puddle of Mudd opened the show with Away from me and they put on a pretty good show for being the opening band that didn't get to have a lot of lighting or pyrotechnics to make them more entertaining..

Then it was time for Staind... I was damn near jumping out of my chair waiting for them to start. From where we were sitting we could see backstage and actually got to see the band walking up to it. They had a lot of strobe lighting which made it really hard to actually see any of the band members when they were on stage but they were of course amazing. For how long I've wanted to see them they definetly did not disappoint. The 14 year old that fell in love with them how many years ago was made very very happy. I damn near cried when Aaron Lewis busted out an acutstic guitar and played epiphany all by himself on stage.

Nickleback was really good to but not the highlight of the show for me. We had seen them in fargo not that long ago. I think that their show at the alerus was an extended show from the same tour. It was very very close right down to their tribut to dimebag (the late pantera guitarist). Seeing a band and hearing them explain the songs as they sing them does make it a lot more signifigant.

The people that sat in front of us were completly drunk. In fact the dad of one of the girls was damn near sitting on Bens lap at one point in time. They smoked and smoked the cheapest most stank ciggarettes I've ever had the unfortuante occurance to smell. And after a member of the alerus center staff warned them the drunk (the one that almost sat in Ben's lap) talked down to her "hey sunshine, we weren't smoking you can't prove it" yada yada yada something along those lines. I guess it could have been worse.

One of our friends did crowd control security at the front of the stage and he got to see a lot more wild of a show then we did. I guess there were a lot of boobs and the crowd kept pushing into the baricades, which ended up bent. Then they fixed them with some steel clips which got snaped in half. He tried to rescue a topless girl that was screaming that she was getting smashed and when he tried to pull he couldn't get her out because of the pressure of the crowd. He had to make people back off before he could lift her out.

No comments: