Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ok people that feed babies...

Why does my baby book say that you shouldn't give kids acidic juices before they are a year old and the baby food that we just bought Bailey contains lemon juice and it states that it is for color. I know its probably only a tiny little amount but.... it bothers me.

3 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

That's like when something is fat free or low calorie & they put a billion pounds of salt into it. Is it really healthier for you then? No. Or sugar free stuff has that "pretend" sugar stuff that people think will cause cancer (I can't remember what it's called), & acid which rots your teeth like sugar does anyways.

That's why we try hard not to buy processed food, but there's some things you can't really avoid, so it's frustrating.

You should sue.

April said...

yeah, its because opinions vary when it comes to feeding/raising your kids. Not everything has medical research to back it up so most of the time you just gotta make the call on what to feed Bailey. Did you decide not to make your own baby food? Gerber must think color is more important than nutrition. However, drinking a cup full of orange juice is a lot different than eating trace amounts in the baby food. interesting though

Mrs S said...

I have been making quite a bit of my own baby food but I thought for the beginning of the meats I would use baby food because Ben and I have gotten pretty bad about making super every night again.... ughhhhh so I want to have options for the nights I don't make meat w/ super. Raising Kids is confusing. Trying to do the right thing and listen to the right reseach pratically gets you no where I feel like I contradict everything I read everytime I open another book/website.

Apparently I need to find a hobby other than reading about babies :)