Today I made Knefla Soup which I absoluetly loooovee! And it occured to me that I've never posted the recipe so here it is:
Knefla Soup:
6 Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size peices
4 Chicken bouillion cubes
Optional: 2 onions chopped, 1 carrot pared and sliced, 1 stalk celery sliced, 1 tablespoon parsley flakes.
5 cups water
1 Teaspoon salt
pepper - to taste
1/3 cup water
1 can (13 oz) evaporated milk
Combine all ingredinets except the evaporated milk in a large pot and simmer until potatoes are tender (don't let the potatoes get overly mushy) - Add knefla. Simmer 30 min. Add evaporated Milk before serving.
Knefla (dumplings)
2 cups flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (regular not evaporated)
Mix all ingredients together and slowly add the milk until the dough forms. Form into long strips and cut into slightly smaller than bite size peices (they puff a little as they cook)
Making the dumplings is sticky and messy but really fun.
*Rather than using the chicken buillion cubes this time like I normally do, I made my own chicken stock. Heres how I did it.
-Left over chicken carcass
-Left over dark meat that we would no eat
-Any seasoning you want example: a couple of peppercorns, a clove of garlic, carrots, celery ect. However if you don't have any of these things it still tastes ok.
Put Chicken in a large pot, cover with water and let simmer until the chicken parts absoluetly fall apart. Then use a strainer to put the stock in a bowl and get out the gross stuff. Let it sit in the fridge overnight and then skim off the fat. Abracadabra Chicken Stock! Yup it was some work, but it was really fun, and then it has way way less sodium then the boxed variety or those chicken boullion things.
No comments:
Post a Comment