Sunday, January 04, 2009

Mmmm tastes like childhood

Dinner Tonight:

1 Box Mac & Cheese
1 Can Tuna
(I also put a bite of sweet potatoe puree in to up the nutrition content)

Yum! Definetely tastes like my childhood. And it was a decently healthy meal for Bailey and I that cost? Hmmmm .33 cents + .70ish cents? Cheap! And unfortunetly we'll be eating it for lunch tom. because we have so much left. I briefly thought of rolling it into balls, then rolling in breadcrumbs for a kind of appetizer thing but who knows!

My mom and I were talking and we thought of some other add ins for a cheap box of mac & cheese:

Hamburger
Corn
Peas
Greenbeans
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Hotdogs

Mix one or more of the above and tada a sorta healthy meal (some more then others). Jump dorky I know. But everybody is trying to save money right now right? Did anyone else eat a lot of things like that growing up?

1 comment:

Karissa (mommy) said...

At first that combo sounded funny to me, but then I realized it's basically like a really simple Tuna Hotdish. That's awesome! I'm glad you posted it cuz' we pretty much always have mac n' cheese and tuna in the house so now I'll have a super easy meal to make. Thanks! Also, we almost always put hotdogs in our mac n' cheese. That's my favorite way to eat it.

Growing up my mom made Spam frequently. She just fried it up and it was awesome. I haven't eaten it for years, but now I'm thinking I should buy some just to see if it still tastes as good as I remember. Definitely not healthy, but tasty.