Ben and I drove to Walker, Mn for a Staind concert at the casino there. The concert was awesome. I could have peed my pants because I was NOT leaving. It was the best time. They have been my favorite band for so long that certain songs of theirs really bring up memories. Some sad, some happy but I guess thats what your favorite band does for you. I did not get to hear them play my favorite song this time. But I did at the last concert so..... whatdayado.
The cool thing about the concert was that it was so small. No matter where you were in the room, you were still pretty close to the stage. I couldn't really see the guitarist but I had the best veiw of Aarron Lewis and the base player, I was happy... standing, screaming at the top of my lungs happy.
The opening band was Revtheory (sp?) and I wasn't a huge fan. The first 3 or 4 songs they sang I thought "great how f*ing long do I have to listen to them?" but they had some ok stuff twords the end of their set. The lead singer, no matter how hard he tried was NOT entertaining, in fact some of his arm movements and finger motions were stupid and more laughable and funny then the serious nature he tried to make them. The only funny thing was him telling a guy sitting on his ass in the front row to "get up, I can see you, this is a rock show you don't sit at a rock show" which went on for a few minutes and was pretty entertaining. Except he said fuck, a lot. Now that does happen to be one of my favorite words when I'm excited or really angry he said it more than a lot. Which kind of added to his amature nauture in general I guess.
The casino gave us $5 in free slot bucks for our concert ticket purchase, from which I won $30 that I practically ran out the door with so..... wahoo! Nothing, then 30 bucks. However, I still don't see how people could sit in a casino forever. Not my thing.
The hotel that we stayed in was gorgeous and I will post pics when I get a chance. Hopefully less than 6 months from now........ :)
I forgot one of the best parts! After the band had left the stage, Aarron Lewis came back on stage for the encore. He said "Ok, I'm going to do one more song, but I'm not going to use the mic." So he sat on stage, with his acoustic guitar and sang to everyone, without fancy lights or any other equipment. It was beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment