Monday, September 14, 2009

The Weekend

This weekend was unusually eventful but really nice. Ben's mom and sister came and stayed with us on Friday night so Ben and I got to go for a little date night, which we don't do very often and it was nice to be alone together. Our night started by attempting to go to the Toasted Frog downtown but...... we decided we were going to be stubborn and not wait.... big mistake! As we ended up at Guisseppe's Italian Resteraunt instead. Which we did not like. The marianara sauce that was flooding all of the food was not good. It was like the consitency of Paradiso's salsa and tasted like extreme garlic extreme garlic. Like we could still taste it the next day garlic. Yuck. When you can't taste the cheese at all through the marinara sauce that is a not good situation. Uggh. Plus the decor, plates, flatware ect were ordiary lunchroom issue which did not make it feel like you were in a nice resteraunt at all. We could have gone to Pizza Hut and gotten more Italian flare and class. Sigh....

Then we went to the movie "Whiteout" at River City Cinema ( I love that theater!) The movie was alright. It was a kind of murder mystery that takes place in Antartica. Ben and I laughed a little at a seen where a cup of coffee falls of a bench and instantly freezes to the floor.... but it is apparently still warm enough where the actors need no facial protection whatsoever other than ski goggles. Yup thats how cold weather works..... it affects your coffee, your whole body but not your face....nope that stays warm and toasty. The lady lost her fingers to frost bite but her face stayed uncovered the whole time.... yup I'll try that here in 60 below... not.

Saturday we went out with April and Kevin to Toasted Frog and had a yummy fun dinner, the food and atmosphere is always good there. I guess we also waited for our table at the Bella Wine Bar which is a really cool little place we totally need to go back to when I can drink something.... anything lol other than water.

Sunday morning we went and watched a soccer game at a Special Olympics tournament that was in town because my Uncle's girlfriend volunteers and actually gets to play with the athletes. So we got to see the game and visit with my Uncle for awhile which was nice. Sometimes it seems to be so long in between times that we actually get to see them.

Then Bailey and I had a wonderfully cranky afternoon, struggling for one of us to take a nap. She seems to think she does not need naps anymore and mommy seriously begs to differ. So.... after awhile I finally just let her get up so we could get ready to go to Isabella's Birthday Party.
I thought it would be fun for her to see me wrap Isabella's present. Yup I'm smart REALLY. I laughed because Bailey jumped and danced on the wrapping paper the second I put it on the floor (big mistake) then I spent the better part of a half and hour trying to fight to keep her from standing on top of the wrapping paper and present. Uggh

But we had fun at the party, aside from the wonderfully entertaining balloon incident. Yup could have died. :)

Then after I put Bailey to bed I realized I had 2 tests to do and a paper to write. It was a very fun and packed weekend. To bad more weekends weren't so entertaining. :)

1 comment:

BoneDaddy said...

That's a memory we'll always take from Isabella's party now, I'm glad it was such a hilarious one! For what it's worth, we would have become sick of looking at it and eventually put the Strawberry Shortcake balloon in the basement where it would continue to scare us by floating toward us every time we went down there, and I eventually just popped it and threw it out.