Tonight was my first night working alone at the Comfort Inn and after awhile I felt really comfortable and settled into things until all hell broke lose. A guest that i had checked in came down to say that their room was dirty and instantly panic mood kicked in so I called april and we got it all worked out and then i figured oh, it wouldn't happen again then less than an hour later it happened again so I called april and we got it all figured out. But april came in because she was really mad that that had happened because she had even asked the head housekeeper lady to make sure she checked the rooms to make sure that it didn't happen. And well it happened!!!! I pretty sure thats what made april really mad because she had specifically asked.
Plus, I had these 3 canadian women (not to be disrespectful) argued with me on and on that they should get the gov. rate. well, we don't honor canadian teacher for the U.S gov rate because its not our gov. we are two seperate countries contrary to popular beleif. And they carried on so much that I called april again for the millionth time and she said exactlly what i had thought. And then they took one of Jan's (manager) cards and said that they would be calling because i refused to call anyone but my front desk supervisor and HELLO April is like the ass. manager and i explained that but they apparently didn't want to understand. Then, they asked for 1 pillow so I said i would bring it to their room cause i had other other pillows to deliver. But when i got there they decided they wanted 3 pillows so i had to run around to get the other nice people there pillows.
I had tons of people that were just rude and acted like I should wipe their asses because ya know i wasn't busy at all tonight Its not like i had anything better to do than follow them around and deliver things to certain areas like the pool or their relatives rooms ya know Its friday and the hotel is packed but no I have nothing better to do than kiss one guests ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Espeacially when every single guest in the hotel was expecting that out of me I am only one person and i really wish i could say something like that to those stupid SOBs
3 comments:
I can't wait until you can find a job not in customer service lol. What a horrible way to start your first real day. Hopefully you'll have some good shifts coming up.
Actually it's one of the best ways to start out on your own. Sounds weird, but it helps to desensitize you to the stupidity you'll encounter later so you won't take everything personally. Plus after 1 shitty shift, the next one is almost always better by complarison. That seems to always happen on first days. It's good that you stuck to your guns on the rate thing. I know we're not supposed to let ANY guest walk and all, but sometimes the whole scrounging for the best rate thing gets just plain rediculous. If some of these people, Canadian or otherwise, stopped and thought about it, we are providing a service to them, and we are first and foremost a BUSINESS, not a friggin day spa.
I feel bad that your first night went to bad, but it really isn't like that most of the time. The running things around part you get used to. Every guest thinks you're there just to be their personal concierge, but then most days you get really nice people, that are easy to please and make it all better. Your next shift will be better I promise, and it isn't on a weekend, so that'll be good too.
Post a Comment