The Discovery chanel has this show called "Life of Grimme" that Ben recorded last night and we just watched it. It was disturbing to say the least. And really sad. There is this part of the show where they investigate the apartments of people that died alone to see if they have a next of kin or an money so that they can have a proper burial. One of the things that I found most disturbing is the mass grave factor. If these people are found with out any money or anyone willing to pay for a funeral they will be buried in Potters field with 10 other people either just dumped into the ground or maybe in a large pin box and their graves are only marked by a number. Not their names or any other personal information such as birth date to date they died absoluetly nothing. I thought this was really sad. I mean I know that they probably don't know because they are dead and everything but how sad. To go through you whole life and end up with no one to love you. Or take care of your affairs when you are dead. Most of the people on the show had died in their apartments with a min. of 30 pets. The show also said that people most likely to end up with a hording animal problem are women who are either divorced or widowed. And they decide that its better to love animals than people and soon they get so many animals that they ar no longer able to hold a standard of living for themselves or the pets that they love. I understand how someone could decide that they would rather live with animals than people because animals will love you unconditionaly and people can stab you in the back and stuff.
I can't even imagin though how you could live every day walking in dog shit that 6 inches thick or how dirty their homes looked. I may be messy sometimes but I couldn't imagin living filthy. Let alone in a huge toliet. Plus, the poor animals only 1 out of 25 cats was able to be saved from inside an apartment in New york because most of them had ring worm that was way to far progressed to be able to save them. And one of the cats was only like a week old and it died. One of the dogs that they found in a field was a puppy and the inside of his ears were absoluetly packed with Ticks I have never seen that many ticks on a dog and I grew up in the country with dogs that ran through long grass and stuff. I've never seen anything that bad. Wow, it was interesting though I would recomend watching it. It'll open your eyes to a lot.
2 comments:
I bet I'm going to be a pet lady but I don't think I'd have 25 in an apartment and I'd want to clean up after them.THose poor people though.
I'm not too bothered by the mass grave part. I mean, when you're dead, you're dead. Do all the arguing and planning you want, but in the end, you ain't gonna be there to make the decision, so what will it matter? I share my dad's position right now: cremate me in a cardboard box, celebrate my life (celebrate it now, dammit!).
Post a Comment