Check it out it is really short and I feel that when you are going somewhere important you should dress to respect where you are going you shouldn't wear Jeans to just every where espeacially in situations like court becuase if you wear jean in a situation like that you show a complete lack of respect.
To view just click on the title of this post
8 comments:
I like the article! Very true too. It bothers me when people don't dress right for the occation. Like at funerals by grandpa got ANGRY when anyone came wearing something other than a nice suite and tie-my dad was one of the only ones who wore a suite and tie to my grandpa's funeral.
Or interviews, one of the reasons you were hired at Comfort was because you dressed like you were going to an interview and wanted to impress someone... that was one of the first things Jan said about you.
It also bothers me when people wear shorts and tank tops to church. Their argument is "well at least I'm here!" Well... still like the article says; it's all about RESPECT.
Thank You! I completely agree. Everyone needs to dress appropriately in certain situations.
Okay, sorry, I agree for the most part, but what is this guy thinking? In the last decade? Fashion for men and women have been a constant cycle of change, and I hand over my left nut if I actually find someone his age accepting what anyone younger is wearing. I know, age wasn't mentioned, but come on. He reminisced about Reagan's and his father's attire and how appropriate it was. I don't mean to get mean, I just get impatient when people like this guy probably didn't notice that when he was a kid, most people work WORK clothes, which didn't necessarily mean suit and tie. He also didn't seem to notice that older generations probably looked down on his style, too, when he was younger.
I disagree probably 99% with what this guy said. I do understand that clothes make a first impression on someone. I understand that if you go for a job interview your clothes are part of the impression you are giving to your hopeful future employer, and future employers judge people on this. I think the only place that what you wear is important is when you are at work. Personally, I will not go to a funeral or a wedding or a church wearing jeans, but that's because that's something my mom instilled in me. If other people do it I don't care. When I was christian I always wondered about why people felt the need to dress nicely. I mean can't people worship and pray naked? Do they have to wear nice clothes to show their devotion to god? For some reason I don't think god is going to judge you by what you are wearing when his "son" wore a big robe and sandals all the time. If you go to a funeral I feel the same way. If someone is dead are they really going to care what their family members are wearing to see them dead? I understand that clothes can be worn as a sign of respect, but seriously, maybe some people can't afford nice clothes. Maybe some people just got off work and didn't have time to change. I totally agree that people will judge you by what you wear, but at the same time who cares??? Wear what you feel comfortable in. If you really want that job then wear something really nice. If you feel like you are disrespecting someone at a funeral then dress up. I just know that if my mom or sister came to my funeral in a robe I wouldn't judge them. I already know what type of people they are and know that they would still be there for me, and not worrying about what they were wearing. I'm not trying to say you are wrong April or Amber. I'm just saying that if someone comes to a nice event in their usual sweats they aren't necessarily being disrespectful, but maybe they are just poor or even lazy. Who knows. Whatever. Wear whatever you want. :)
Well, at least I can feel comforted knowing that when Karissa dies, I can wear comfy clothing to her funeral. As for the church thing, I didn't mean that God expects you to dress nicely, He probably doesn't care much what you wear, but... okay, I dont have a stinkn' argument, but it still bothers me... SO THERE! :)
April, I didn't mean that you thought that's what god wanted. I just meant that when I was going to church and sunday school I didn't understand why god would care what you wear. My friends got to wear jeans sometimes and I was jealous and my mom would never let me. I probably also should've said that its always better to dress nice for certain things, but if you don't want to then don't. Sorry, didn't mean to make it look like I was twisting your words around. :)
I commented on here this morning, but it still hasn't show up so.....hmmmm...
Ok, now all of a sudden it showed up....freaky baby...
Post a Comment