Friday, May 06, 2005

This job is going to kill me

Ok, I worked at the hotel again tonight. And everything just always seems to go wrong. I had to switch 2 families into different rooms because the first one the toliet was leaking and then, I of course got to learn how to shut off water to toliets which is not the most fun thing in the world. Our bathrooms are kinda small and I had to stand in the tub to get at the turning thing.

Then, I checked this couple into one of our sweets about 10 minutes later they call down and say that they refuse to stay in the room because of the smell, and when i go up there is actually smells like someone used an entire can of air freasher in the room it almost made me gag. So I changed them room only they had to go into an non sweet which they were not at all happy about so I offered to get them another fridge. And as I'm carrying this thing the man actually gets in my way and practically refuses to get out of my way so I can put the heavy fucking thing down. They didn't even offer to help me. HELLO I'm not the strongest person in the world and I most certainly don't look like I'm some sort of body builder.

Then, when I get back downstair all sweaty a man is at the desk to complain that our microwave burned his popcorn. He had put it in on high for 3 min. Can anyone say dumb ass!!!!! So there was burned popcorn all over the counter and butter spurted everywhere in the microwave. That was a fun mess to clean up too.

I had tons of people complain that the hot tub was to hot. So I used the thermomater(sp?) and it was at 102 which is what its supposed to be. And I told them that, and then they complained that it turned their skin red. HOT TUB does anyone else think that after sitting in one your skin might turn a little red. I mean your practically turning yourself into soup. The same group came down and complained at least 6 times about it. and told me to make sure I told my superior about it I was like yea yea yea. I really want to start screaming "get out of my face!!" Complain about something once then when you see me find the temp and your still not satisfied don't come talk to me about it a zillion more times.

My til was short 60 cents. And do you happen to know why? Because some woman paid for her rooms in cash and then came back after a little bit and accused me of trying to steal her 60 cents! I just handed it over and was like sorry. And then I close my til out and I'm 60 cents short. I hope shes really happy with that money my god she could like..... buy a yahct or something. She is also the same woman who initaled the rate acceptance, I checked her in completly she paid with cash, then came back in and demanded a refund because she had AAA. So I gave her that extra money to. If you have AAA the point where I ask you to intial the rate aceptance would be a good time to mention it espeacially since I specifically pointed and asked! Most of you non hotel people wouldn't understand how irritating it is for people to pull shit like that when your busy. but I'm venting what can I say.

People are needy!!!! Get a life!!!! I am there to help you out but not to hold your hand and wipe your ass.

5 comments:

KSoFM said...

your writing style is a total stream of consciousness. i felt like i was in the tub trying to turn off the water in the toilet. i was sweating after reading about the fridge episode. you have mos def become my favorite author (sincerely).

-actually you had me at 'and Ren proceeds to shit down the side of my pants'-ps

Mrs S said...

thanks ksofm this week has just been really interesting

BoneDaddy said...

When someone checks in and asks later about the rate, I just say "sorry, the transaction's already been processed." and tell them politely to let the front desk know AT CHECK IN next time. The point I absolutely love is when they realize they're stupid and don't want to talk to you after that.

Anonymous said...

Oh amber! I really hope you dont dislike your job that much... and i toally agree ... people are stupid .... i love the "im here to help ... but not to wipe your ass!" lol... its soooo true... and the whole hot tub thing... i think our hot tub is just right... ive been in it before and yes its hot but thats how its supposed to be ... if they want warm... the hotub is 84 ish ... thats warm... gaaahh people.... :) if you ever need to vent in person ... give me a call... :)

Josie, group organizer said...

I really don't think you're meant to be in the service industry. It's like God keeps telling you," I know you're stubborn but come on what kinda thing is it going to take to realize you're on the wrong path here."