Saturday, July 09, 2005

The world is Going all to shit

I forgot to post this but reading Aprils blog and her post about her friend Amy reminded me. Devils Lake is apparently not a safe place. Courtney (my dads gf neice) and some of her friends went on a rode trip to D.L to pick up stuff at Wal-mart for Courtney's mom. And this car pulls in front of them. And the girl driving almost smashs into them so to prevent this she honks her horn. At the next stop light a woman gets out of the car and starts smashing one of the girls in the face through the window and trying to choke her. The other girls screamed and tried to get the window up (which is elec. and broken) because they apparently didn't think to drive away. Then when the light turned Green and man jumped out of the car and pulled the woman back in the car only to speed away and they didn't think to get the lisence plate. And honestly hand to god these girls are nice, clean cut, wouldn't do anything to anyone. I was shocked when I heard about it but then again, I didn't have electrcity when I heard about it.

Which brings me to the thing that I forgot to post about. The morons that used to live above us moved out and unplugged their fridge. So the fridge defrosted and all of the 6 inches of water that covered the kitchen floor in the upstairs kitchen, seeped through our floor into our elec. box and Ben heard a sizzling noise in the wall and get this..... HE GOES FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE, so when I get home from work the only elec. that works is our bedroom light and and the tv and living room light. There is no computer, no bathroom, dinnig room ect. and so we call the emergency number for our apt. building and they call and electrician who gets her an hour after he says he is going to which is at 11p.m and says alright it should be alright until the morning. About a half and hour after he left there was a huge pop and boom, no more elec. at all. Not anywhere. We had to run around with candle sticks to get ready for bed and the next day, they gave us the key to a vacant apartment so the we could have somewhere to live with elec. unfortunately it was a building down the street as uposed to in the same building so ben had one of his friends help us carry our mattress and tv down the street. Sigh.......

Oh and there was just a man in devils lake that torn out a womans insides through her anal and vaginal cavitys in D.L. she is in critical condition in fargo. He was 25 and grad. from D.L high school. She was 46 and he raped her and they supposedly found parts of her intestines on the highway. Just another way to know that the worlds gone mad. Sick just Sick.

5 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

Thank you! I've been waiting for that story about the electricity and Mattress, because it didn't make any sense! Now it does.
Was that Jared Brown that did that to the woman? I heard he was arrested, but they didn't give specifics outside of Sexual Assault & battery.
He would have graduated with me.
It is pretty fucked up how much actually goes on in a place like DL. It ends up being one of those "nice on the surface" towns.

Karissa (mommy) said...

What?!?! I can't believe that. I don't ever want to go to Devils Lake again after all the shit I've been hearing. Did you hear about the guy in Devils Lake that got attacked by some drunk guy and a couple girls came in while it was happening and started throwing bananas at him to get him to stop? That was quite awhile ago I think. Or how about that guy that got robbed at gun point while working at a hotel (I can't remember the name but it's in DL)? Doug do you remember that one? :)

Mrs S said...

Yea, i'm starting to think I'm way safer in G.F than Devils Lake I mean holy cow!

April said...

Jared Brown graduated with Doug. He is a sick bastard! I didn't know about the intestinal thing.. where did you hear that? I'm suprised she is still alive! She had her 2 year old daughter with her and she was found naked as well. I always thought he was odd... but never expected anything like that to come from him. His mom was my music teacher in elementary school.

BoneDaddy said...

If that's the guy I'm thinking of, I remember everyone called him "Troll".--probably because he was uglier than a troll.