Ben and I decided to have our christmas with each other tonight instead of waiting until after new years when we finally have time. And it was simple and relaxing. We just unwrapped presents, then drove through christmas in the park and then came home and watched "Santa Clause is coming to Town" while drinking Cosmopolitians out of my new martini glasses. There we started our own christmas thing the "stress free" day sometime before Christmas. I'm looking forward to the big day and not looking forward all at the same time.
On the 23erd Ben and I have dinner and gift exchange at his parents house. Which is usually a really great time but with the new drama that his sister has created might not be such a fun event. But I'll really enjoy seeing Ben's mom. (There is a silver lining to every holiday event the one sane person in the entire family lol)
Then on Christmas eve since I won the holiday coin toss (next year we're doing Ben's Christmas driving) We are driving to Shyenne(sp) to my uncles to have the big get together with all of my moms brother and sisters and all of my cousins. Except actually the ones that are causing a huge deal with not coming to the holiday and instead going with their boyfriends that they have been with less than 6 months and are both under the age of 18. The even bigger deal is that my uncle is letting them go unsupervised so basically they are definetly the black sheep of the family this year. But once again..... Stressful Drama
Christmas moring we get to unwrap "Santas" presents at my moms and Ben and I are staying the night there so we can just wake up in our pjs and be there. And most years we have to run off right after we're done. Because we're expected to be at my grandmas (dads mom) by like 9a.m. But because of the drama my grandmother has created this year shes lucky I'm coming at all so I'm taking my sweet time and will get there around noon. If fact there is such a big drama with my dad, grandma and mother this year that if my aunt Brenda, Uncle Tom and my god son weren't going to my grandmas I most likely wouldn't even be going. My grandma is treating my mom so badly. And yes I love both of them and they both have their faults but Grandma is getting way out of hand. My brother doesn't think hes going.
Then they day after christmas we'll hopefully get to swing by Jamestown and see Josh's (my mothers husband) family (whom I like a lot even though I'm not crazy about Josh) who will be nice to visit with and then I can drive home and sit like a hermit in my apartment because after all of the wondeful family time I'm really going to need at least a half a day to recover.
Disclaimer: I do love my family every single one of them but sometimes..... I'd like to smack them and ask "just what do you think your doing can't you wait until after christmas to behave like shithead to each other"
2 comments:
Doug's family and my family are the same way. Always, always drama. At least it's entertaining, right? ;)
Anyways, I hope you have a great Christmas!!!
We're usually pretty detached from the drama that goes on with our families, though, so at least we don't get sucked in to deal with it.
Post a Comment