Thursday, December 08, 2005

What to do with myself

I need to find a job. A great Job. Ok well maybe not a great job but at least one that challenges me and I learn things from. I love working with Cell phones. I think they're fasinating and I love the technology. But I don't think I could go to selling them for someone else when I used to run the joint so I'm looking for a job that I'm going to learn bunches at and make me a reliable income. I don't have to love it everyday (because thats unrealistic) but I would at least like to remotely like it. I really want to work in any sort of photography, or acting (but ya don't really get paid for that), or broadcasting (but I don't know how to go about making a tape to send them although I have had a lot of experience in that) but a regular job. So I'm going to apply for absolutly everything and see what comes about. I think thats a good plan, let fate and my interview skills get me a job. And I'll continue to keep my eyes and ears open for good experieces and opportunities. Even though I closed a lot of doors by quiting school I can still gain experience that will lead me somewhere until I'm mature enough to go back to school. Sigh..... I'm a little pathetic but I really don't think it would be good if I stayed in school and kept wasting my money either. So I'm jumping out in to the full time work force with both feet.

3 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

I stayed in college just long enough to get my Associate's, then I took over 2 years to myself before going back to school. And look at me now--I've got my Bachelor's, and where am I?--Back in school.
I'd recommend reading "Quarterlife Crisis: The Unique Challenges of Life in Your Twenties". It's not the greatest book, but it does make you feel a little less guilty about having your whole future ahead of you and not knowing what to do with it.
I don't know, you seem like you enjoy yourself more in front of a camera than behind, I don't know what that tells you.

April said...

She has an agent too... maybe you should contact them again. I had to read that book for my Major and I kind of liked it.

KSoFM said...

you're going through what a lot of people do. i made a complete career change almost 2 years ago and it was a hard step to take. But, it's 100% worth it.

Sometimes you gotta put yourself out there for something good to happen.