Ben and I tried Sweet Potatoe Souffle tonight, I had found it on the web and it claimed it could be a main dish, I don't think it is a main dish but it was really good. Lots of sugar, which is why I think it is a main dish sort of thing.
Anyway here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
nonstick cooking spray
2 Cups mashed sweet potatoes (which I got by peeling and steaming 2 large sweet potatoes for 20 minutes)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 egg whites
1/4 cup 2 percent milk
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tablespoons light butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 8 ounce can crushed pinapple, drained
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a souffle or casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on the lowest setting, beat together the sweet potatoes and sugar. Add egg whites, cornstarch, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until fluffy and lump-free. Pour into prepared dish.
In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter melt on high until melted. 30-45 seconds. Stir in the flour and pineapple. Drizzle the topping over the sweet potatoe mixture.
Bake 30-35 minutes until bubbly and golden. Serve immedately
Serves 8
Prep time: 15 min (ha easily 20-25)
Calories 240
3 Grams of fat
3.7 grams of protein
It didn't say how many grams of sugar per serving but you can bet its alot. I had never eaten sweet potatoes before but am definetly going to be willing to try them in other ways as well. Hmmmmm maybe Sweet Potatoes Fries?
No comments:
Post a Comment