Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An hour later....I'm in line at Line at Little Ceasars

So tonight the trying new recipes thing continued and it was not good. In fact after I spent an hour preparing it even though the recipe said it was only 20 min it was absolutety disgusting. I made macaronni and 4 cheeses. The secret ingredient was purred winter squash which you would think would be the bad part. However, I didn't even taste the squash but it was grainy and bland. The 4 cheeses were sharp cheddar, ricotta, jack and parmesan. I'm pretty sure it was the texture of the ricotta that really messed it up but still..... I'm never going to make it again. But I am more convinced about the makeing the everyday items that you eat more healthy because I really didn't taste the squash.

So I ended up in the Little Ceasars drive through for a hot and ready pepperonni and crazy bread. Yum However I don't think they should call it "Hot and Ready" when I had to wait by the drive through window for 10 min.

4 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

I'm glad the squash wasn't the bad part of your dish, but maybe try chicken salad with purreed cauliflower. It's not good.

Mrs S said...

Ben told me that under no circumstance was I to puree cauliflower into anything. Lol

BoneDaddy said...

Yeah, I'd listen to him on that one.

April said...

at this moment, I would probably eat a cold 2 day old Little Ceasars pizza :)

On a side note, I love Squash, Kevin hates it...I need to learn how to hide veggies in things.