The other night Ben, Bailey and I went to Applebees for dinner. We were having a good time and Bailey was chatting and playing Peek-a-boo and all was great. The suddenly Bailey did not want to eat any of her food and laid her head down on the table. Thinking that she was just starting to get tired from our long day and her difficulty taking her nap, mommy picked her up and let her sit on my lap so she could recline back and be more comforatable.
Thats when the vommit came. Lots and lots of vommit. All over the precious baby, all over the mommy, on the table, on the chair, on the floor. It was miserable. I'm sure the other dinners really appreciated our predicament. Bailey and I exited the resteraunt ASAP while Ben stayed inside to clean up as much of our mess was possible.
The resteraunt was not very "understanding" of the cirumstances and when I apologized to the very very pregnant manager she did not even resond. While I very much understand their annoyance they could have at least said "well these things happen" or something of that nature. I'm sure once the pregnant manager has to take her little bundle of joy out for dinner something enbarassing will happen to her and I hope she remebers. Ugggh
All of this happened before I had gotten one tiny bite of my steak by the way. The JOY of being a parent. Not only did I feel terrible for my little girl but I felt terrible for everyone else around us as well.
On the up side: Bailey can now say "Happy" and she seems to be telling me to "get up" as she attempts to pull my butt off of the couch. It is really cute. I'm sure in a few months when she is telling me to "get up" it won't be as cute but for right now it is pure hilarity.
1 comment:
Poor baby, was she sick, or was it just one of those little surprise vomits that kids sometimes have?
Something similar happened to us at a Bismarck pizza place, except it was Karissa's mom that got the brunt of it, and it was formula, not solid food.
Post a Comment