Ben has been getting the HBO mini series "John Adams" from net flicks and I have to say, something I thought would be so stupid I refused to watch the first few sections. Then, I was so interested that I was excited for the final disk to come. I'm certainly not usually one for history, and all author bias aside, it was an amazing mini series that seemed on the factual side. I highly recommed it. It actually makes me interested in learning more about John Adams, whom is not a person I ever really gave much thought to knowing anything about other than that he was our second president. There are a lot of great people that helped to build and shape our country and it is sad how little I ever paid attention to them.
One of the very real fears so many people have, myself included is not being remembered when they are gone. That their lives have had such little signifigance that they might not have existed at all. But it seems that no matter what an individual does in a lifetime or how many people what they have acomplished effects, they are still forgotten. Time is unforgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment