The Dr that named/discovered Braxton Hicks should not have put his name to them. I have been miserable before i.e. gual bladder (which is fun) but the fact that I ended up in the Emergency Room because I was having contractions every 6 min. and then ended up having to get 2 shots and an extrodinarilly painful exam, plus I feel miserable today because it feels like my uterus ran several marathons back to back without any training.
I was terrified when the doctor and nurse actually seemed worried that I may be going into labor. I am only 29 weeks. That baby is supposed to stay tucked away in there for another 11 weeks and he better!
Did you know: The nurse told me that the definition of Braxton Hicks contractions are just contractions that do not open your cervix, so these contractions can be just as painful if not more painful than labor contractions. (Someone might have told me that before I started having babies, especially since I have read a billion books on pregnancy and never never read that).
I told Ben tonight that if I ever ever think of having another baby he is supposed to remind me of the past 2 days. My abdominal/uterus area was not this sore after acually giving birth to Bailey. Seriously. I could hardly roll over in bed this morning after I got home at 3a.m.
There is my rant. I could have expanded, but I'm sure thats plenty of information ;)
1 comment:
It's Zach. You should have known about Braxton Hix contractions from Friends. What kind of fan are you?
Post a Comment