Last night Bailey had Ben and I worried. She has had a cold of some sorts since Thursday night that has totally taken away her ability to sleep through the night, cough, runny nose, chocking on her mucus until she almost threw up, eyes watering all down her face, red rimmed eyes and a strange rash behind one of her ears. But that was not the worst of it when Saturday night she fell asleep in her high chair during super. She then slept in her bed for 45 min or so until she woke up screaming and did not stop. So after not to long we decided her behavior was to strange for her and we brought her in. She has been sick plenty of times before but never acted as strangely as she did this time.
As we checked into the Emergency/Urgent care waiting room, she continued to act so sick she hardly moved. And cried and screamed when the very nice nurse tried to take her oxygen level on her toe, she didn't like having her temp taken either and all but cried everytime someone looked at her.
By the time we get into the Urgent Care room to wait for the doctor however.... she is bouncing around like she feels totally fine and making Ben and I feel like morons. We left with a perscription for Amoxicillin (sp?) for the rash behind her ear and a slight "buldging" of her ear drum and a suggestion that the bad cough/gagging was caused by some croup (sp?) so basically she was totally fine. While I feel that the doctor was very nice and what in the world do you do when the kid appears totally fine. But we were kind of shoved of as crazy paranoid parents.
Now today her eye is super red but we are pretty sure at this point it is just the cold showing in her eye as there is not nasty goop that would be present with pink eye.
Super Saver deal of the year! We got two changing tables on unbelieveable clearance at target tonight. They were only 33 bucks a peice so we got one for daycare and one for the baby. Wow just wow. Sometimes I love Target. And Ben and his super sleuth eyes, I would have walked right by. If you want a deal on clothing or a handbag come to me but household stuff Ben is unbelieveable at spotting deals. We already got the dresser on clearance for 50 bucks. Exciting!!!!!!!
My classes start tom. which is exciting. And my books won't be here until Thursday, which is not exciting and my fault for procrastinating until I had not choice but to order them. Dumb Dumb Dumb. But I can't beat myself up to much we have had a lot of stuff going on lately.
I still need to get Bailey registered for gymnastics that start this week and look into the whole dance class thing just in case I think I have lost my mind so much that she needs two activities but at the sametime, they teach her stuff, she loves seeing other kids who are pretty much exactly her age and they wear her out like crazy. :) (The last one may be the best part).
Ohhh and the dude with the flat bed cart at target wheeled it really really hard into the back of my heel (on accident) which hurt so bad I almost started bawling. It was a total accident and he was really nice but it still hurts how many hours later so lets hope hope hope it feels better by tom.
Grocery shopping and the misc crap that we needed was extremelly stressful today. Last day of the weekend before practically the whole country starts school what were we thinking? Oh yea it is Sunday and we can't do it any other day unless I want to shop at Walmart at 2 a.m. in my sleep which doesn't sound like fun and the people in walmart at that time of night are ridiculously scarey individuals that crawled out of a sewer system somewhere. :)
1 comment:
Hopefully the nurse clued in the doc as to how Bailey was acting before, since she was witness.
Isabella loves her dance class, we had no choice but to enroll her again. Where are you taking Bailey?
Post a Comment