As I was thinking that I should probably update my blog. I started thinking about what I could possibly write about. Then I realized that the last time I posted was November 1st. Which was a very very long time ago and I hardly know where to begin. The biggest thing of course that happened was the birth of our 2nd child.
Brighton James Paul was born on November 13th at 8:14 p.m. He weighed 8lbs 8 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. We are extremelly lucky and proud parents. Naming him was an impossible process. He wasn't named until he was almost 24 hours old. I really wanted to name him Liam but Ben didn't like it and while I liked the name Brighton I didn't think it was the right choice. So it ended up coming down to a coin toss and drawing the name out of a hat, both of them came out "Brighton" soooo.... I guess fate named him. He is a very different baby from Bailey. He is a little more "high maintence" but just as sweet. It is amazing how babies are born with a personality all their own.
I'm pretty sure I am finally used to being a mom of two. But I've yet to brave the whole leaving the house by myself with both of them. We'll just wait and see when that one happens. If it wasn't freezing outside with tons of nasty snow on the ground it probably would have happened already but weather certainly is a deciding factor.
I feel very different about leaving him in a very good way. It is nice to know that he always has Bailey as support. Even though she is a baby herself they will always have each other to lean on. I know that my relationship with Zachary has always been very important to me and I am glad that my kids have that now. I feel like we are a more complete family. Sometimes I feel a little guilty that it almost feels like I am wishing for him to grow up. I forgot how hard having an infant can actually be. I don't see us having another baby at this point in time but who knows feelings can change a lot over a span of time.
On a way different topic...
Classes start again tom. my overall GPA is still 3.0 which makes me very happy. Ethics killed me a little but a C for a class I didn't think I would pass is good enough for me. Since the last 2 semsesters I had cut my schedule down to only 3 classes it is taking a little longer to be done than I had originally anticipated but I should be done by December of next year. If I decide to transfer to another school at that time is something I have contiplated briefly but that is to far away to decide. I am working on my 5 year plan in my head. I guess I'll see how many years it takes me to figure it out :).
We have been in the house for a year now. We still like it but holly cow do I wish the kitchen was bigger. It is to small for someone who cooks as much as I do. But otherwise we really love it. I still miss our old house because we had done so much work to make it special and we are working on this house much more slowly mostly because of financing but we have a few projects in mind we would like to complete.
I do miss going out! We haven't done much in that way in a long time but we plan to do a little more soon. We don't want to be hermits forever :) that just wouldn't be any fun.
Uggh I have more I would write but good night!
2 comments:
We don't get out a whole lot either, but you guys know where to find me every thursday if you have "adult" social time!
YAY! I'm glad you remembered your blog! Even though I see you like every day... we never get to chat about anything other than what Aiden did that day haha.. so its nice to see what you've been up to!
Post a Comment